THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 7, 2011

My back

I have been having back problems for years. I have a habit throwing disk. It is very painful. I didn't know what it was until a year ago when I started going to see a chiropractor. My body was all kinds of out of wack. It has been helpful and expensive going to see him. Sometimes I have to wait until its realy bad before I can afford to go.
Several months back our Cali King bed finally worn out after about 5 years. We bought it used for $75 and it lasted 5 years. Great deal. Well, it started hurting my back and I was making frequent trips to the chiropractor cause of it. Finally we did some rearranging in the house. My oldest son had a bunk bed and youngest a captains bed. My oldest was wanting a new big boy bed since he turned was turning 13. So we did a little swapping for a few months. We took down his bunk bed and put it in the garage. We gave him our top mattress to our Cali King and kept our box springs. Then took his bunk bed mattresses and used them. He was thrilled to have such a big bed even though it was on the floor. And it was only temporary. When income tax finally came we did some switching again. The bunk bed went into our younger sons room. He was over joyed cause he could one bed just for all his stuffed animals. lol. The captains bed went to our oldest and we got a queen size bed with frame and headboard for $150. We thought we could go from a Cali King to a Queen no problem. Ha. We were wrong. That bed was horrible. I hated that bed with a passion. We've had it about a month and I have gotten maybe 2 good nights sleep the whole time. That bed was crowded and killed my back. I had to sleep sitting up with my back off the bed or have pillows under my back so my back wouldn't be on the bed. Saturday night was the last straw. I tried so hard to make that bed work cause hubby picked it out. I slept on his side of the bed for a change and woke up about 4:30 in so much pain I couldn't move. It was the worst ever. I told him I would never sleep on that bed again! EVER! I went to the loveseat in the family room and got a few hours sleep there. The next day we were discussing what to do with the bed situation. We were just gonna sell it when I said why don't we give it to John(our oldest). He wanted a bigger big since he's getting older(now 13). Then we can sell the captains bed. Hubby agreed it was a great idea. So we posted the bed on craigslist and was looking just looking on craigslist to see what we could find for a King size bed in our price range. We got lucky! We found a King size bed with mattress topper for $50! So, hubby and friend went and picked it up in truck. We put the queen in John's room and the king in ours. We slept on it last night and it was amazing! So different than the queen. My back is still sore and I can't really sleep on my back too long until the disks stop swelling, but I got so much sleep! And my son loved his queen bed too. We're all happy! Maybe my back will be happy enough to stop hurting to I don't have to go see the chiropractor. It costs $45 everytime and he spends 5 minutes and pops me all back in.

0 comments: