THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3/22/11

Yesturday was my 8 year anniversary. I can't believe I've been married 8 years now! It was a struggle at first. The first 5 years were the hardest. We fought a lot. Its really hard getting use to someone and living with them. But we love eachother enough. Several people didn't think we'd make it. But we have. We bet the odds. My hubby is 5 years younger than me. He was only 19 when we got together and I already had 2 kids. But he came into our lives and completed our family. He is my other half. He completed me just as he completes our family. He is my world.
Because we started the weight watchers we decided to cook dinner at home last night instead of going out. Of course sometimes plans change. Last night we hit a snag. It was a little bump in the road. We ended up needing to run some errands after he got off work so we got back home about 5:30 ish. Byt then hubby was getting hungry. I had a goal set in my mind. I wanted spaghetti for dinner. Homecooked. But I usually give into him, just as he does to me. Anytime one of us says were too tire to cook, we dont want whats planned for dinner or were craving something else the other one gives in and we we go out to eat. Well, last night he was saying he was hungry and wanted to go out so he could eat quicker. I was starting to give in. I was really torn on what to do. So I told him how I was feeling. I wanted to make him happy, but I really wanted to stay on my points and I was wanting spaghetti for dinner. I really badly wanted this weight watchers to work. I can't do that by going out. Most of the food is way over on points. So he gave in and said ok we'd go home and cook. That was a huge step for us. We have always before just given in. I'm hoping this weight watchers will prevent that from happening. Somehow in the past we have managed to pull enough money out of our asses to go out to eat when we wanted to most of the time despite our tight budget. So I figure if we can pull that money out to go out to eat we can pull that money out to pay for weight watchers and then maybe the weight watchers will save us money cause we wont be eatting out as much. Just a thought. LOL.
Anyways, so last nights dinner was soooo good. I had extra helpings. I felt good afterwards cause I wasn't stuffed but satisfied enough that I was hungry after. And the food wasn't really bad. It was about as healthy as you can make spaghetti. lol. But I ended up using some of my weekly allowance points cause I had extra helpings. Which I know its what they are there for, but I dont want to use them if I can avoid it. So, I was feeling a little guilty and after we cleaned up after dinner and kids did their chores I decided I wanted to go for a walk. I didn't know how far I could make it but I didn't want to just walk around the yard. That wouldn't do anything. At least not enough for me at that moment. So, we all walked and walked and walked. Hubby kept suggesting we go back cause I usually cant make it very far and he didnt want to have to walk back and get the car for me. lol.
But i just kept going. I walked to the duck pond, a block from our house, then around the pond (1/2 mile) then took the long way through the neighborhood back home. It toko about 45 minutes but it seemed like we walked a lot further. I was so proud and hubby was shocked and proud. Even got praise from my friend and Weight watchers coach. lol. (I named her my ww coach).
I really badly wanted to walk this morning too but kids got lessons to do. I can't leave them alone in house too long theyd fight. Im gonna walk after lunch though if it dont rain. And I plan to walk every evening that it dont rain. We go to the OKC Zoo the middleish part of April and last year I sucked. I couldn't make it very far and felt horrible. The kids wanted to see more but I couldn't make it to the back. So i told them this year we would go to the back first. But I need to be able to walk it for them. I need to! For them and for me!
I'm just stressing right now over what I'm gonna eat when were there. All they have is crap.

0 comments: