THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 1, 2011

weekly weight in

Well, I weighted in this morning and have lost 3.7 pounds!!! OMG!
Grand total of 24.2 so far! I am sooooo excited about it! just can't believe it!
I love it!

But at the same time can't be overly excited around one friend. Which sucks. See she did the WW program several years before when she was still married and didn't lose much and had no support from her husband. She started the WW program around Christmas (2010) and then her family(her mom,dad, sister & brother-in-law) joined right after the new year. I didn't know she was doing the program at first. Well, her family has been losing weight big time. They didn't have a whole lot to lose but her brother in law has lost abut 50 pounds so far and the rest of her family is almost to goal weight. Well, I started looking into WW around March. I tried a meeting and so didn't like the person running it. But was looking into the online. So I asked my friend about it and thats when she told me was doing the program again. So, she answered a lot of questions for me and I ended up signing up. I've been doing really well. Changed our diet, started exercising, etc.
Well, about a month or so ago I realized I was doing all the work myself and only using the online tool to count my points. Not much else. And didn't want to pay $40 a month for that. So I stopped paying it but continued the lifestyle. It was rough at first but its so working without paying $40 a month. Anyways, I watch what I eat and cook most of our meals at home. I also exercise 2-3 times a week. Not for too long, about 15-20 average. an't handle too much right now.
Well, my friend started going to the gym and then a few weeks ago started going to zumba classes. She says shes workin her butt off. And she says she barely eats.
But she has barly lost 7 pounds since she started back in December. She thinks she has something wrong with her and wants to see a doctor. But I think the exercise shes doing isn't enough. (or too much) If her body is use to it, its not helping much, except to maintain.
And her eatting habits aren't great. Eatting a little of something that isn't great for you is fine, on occassion, not daily. And her diet sodas dont help.
But everytime I try to tell her I lost weight she doen't seem that happy. She seems kinda pissy. I know shes frustrated by how little shes lost, and I have given her support even when she lost .2 (been there) but I've lost 24 pounds. Thats huge for me. Never ever happened before. Shouldn't she as a "friend" be happy for me? Why should I have to hold down my excitment and not share my good news cause it will upset her. Its not fair for either of us. I wish I could help her understand why she hasn't lost. I wish I could help her see what she's eattin but she just won't hear it. She's been doing the WW program longer than I have and knows more.
Whats the right thing to do?

Anyways, I have a goal of weighting 275 by my birthday(August 19th), which is 10% of my body weight from start (30lbs).

Its possible if I keep with it!

0 comments: